Thursday 15 July 2010

Diary of a Makeup Artist

5th to 11th July 2010

It’s been a jammed packed week….let me tell you all about it!

I met with Elizabeth who is the owner of Shutter Betty this week. I’m so excited that we are going to be working together. Elizabeth has asked me to be her recommend make up artist and stylist for her creative portraiture work. Elizabeth’s work has been printed in The Times, Under the Radar, 4Talent Magazine, Guitarist Magazine, Metro and London Lite. I look forward to shooting with her very soon.

The airbrush makeup clip that I filmed went live this week on the Beauty Call You Tube Channel. Why not subscribe to our channel!

There are lots of fantastic tips that are quick and easy to try yourself. On Sunday all the Beauty Call franchisees came to Milton Keynes and filmed lots more clips to bring to you on our channel including 40’s lips, messy up do, foundation tips, long lasting lips and strip lashes to name a few. There will also be some before and after images too. If you have any makeup hang ups you would be interested in seeing tips on please e-mail us and let us know.

I had an airbrush make up trial this week for Emma and her Mum Margaret. I applied the eye make up first Margaret had light colours to compliment her deep set eyes and Emma had a striking Lancôme Pink from my colour quad and some amazing Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in black. The eyeliner was thicker in the middle of the eye and then thinner going out to the corner of the eyes. I then used the airbrush to apply foundation, blusher and bronzer. Airbrushing gives amazing flawless looking results and they were very pleased with the finish. The look for them both was compliment by thickening the lashes using individual lashes.

Louisa had her Bridal hair and make up trial. I tousled the hair using tongs then ran my fingers through to soften. On the wedding day I will add some clip in extensions to make the hair fuller at the back. At the crown I backcombed the hair to create height and then pinned in Louisa’s tiara. Louisa’s make up was light but effective. I evened out the skin tone with foundation and applied MAC eye base in medium to the eyelids. I then used the Lancôme colour quad, white shimmer eye shadow as a base to open the eye area and then applied a soft shimmering pink on top. This created a soft shimmering eye. I then applied MAC dip down gel eyeliner and MAC Mascara X in dark brown to define the eyes. I used YSL spring look highlighting palette which is a mix of three shades and has a slight bronzing effect without any shimmer.

Saturday was Natalie’s wedding. Because of the heat she choose to change her hair style which was understandable as I think it was the hottest day of the year!! I loosely curled her hair which is coarse so the curls need to be loosened off slightly be separating them. I then pinned them in from the nape of the neck giving the illusion that the hair was down but it was loosely pinned in (If that makes sense!!). Natalie’s eyes had neutral colours with cappuccino brown and ivory shimmer in the corner. I used Clarins Bronzing powder duo to compliment her tanned look and finished with Vie Blush Gloss on the lips.

I was delighted to see Natalie had e-mailed me this message the day after her Wedding (I love my job!!):

“I just wanted to email to thank you for doing my hair and make up so beautifully yesterday. My hair and make up lasted the entire day without needing a touch up and without a hair out of place. I felt beautiful and received so many compliments from my guests (and my husband!) as to how beautiful I looked. You were a pleasure to have with me on the morning of my wedding and were so unphased when I changed my mind at the last minute as to how I wanted my hair because of the heat. I didn't feel made up and felt totally natural."

Just one more thing…...there is now a Beauty Call channel on Askmk.tv - my blog is on there, as well as our video clips and we are just working on some podcasts to add too. There are some amazing images on display of the work that Beauty Call Artist has created. Your comments and feedback are very welcome so let me know if you would like to see anything else on here.

More next week. Bye for now Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment