Thursday 15 July 2010

Diary of a Makeup Artist

28th June to 4th July 2010

Thanks for coming back to read my blog!

The Double Tree Hilton at the MK Dons stadium was packed full of Brides-to-be on Sunday. I had a great day talking to you all about hair and make up for your forthcoming weddings. I held a draw to win £50 off a Bridal hair and make up package. I am delighted to announce that Emma in Flitwick won the prize!!! Congratulations and I will enjoy making you over on your big day. To find out what other wedding fairs we are attending visit our fairs page on the Beauty Call website


Our new event Tips, Tea and Tiaras are coming to Milton Keynes and Northampton!!

The first will be on 28th July at 7pm at Drop Dead Gorgeous in Towcester. They sell a wide range of stylish custom made fascinators and hats. I will be on hand to give advice on hair and make up and how to style your hair to best compliment you chosen head piece.

On the 19th August at 7pm I will be at Beretun Designs at the Kingston shopping centre. Beretun Designs sell bespoke Bridal gowns, tiaras, jewellery and shoes that are handmade and custom designed. I will be showing you how you can achieve a glamorous look with airbrush make up. Come along and join us for an fun evening packed with full of tips and how to look your best in your Tiaras, Fascinators, Bird cage veils and hats.

To buy your tickets go to our website - they are a bargain at £10 and you will receive a complimentary goody bag. There will also be bubbly and cupcakes!!

I had the evening off on Wednesday to watch Les Misrables in the West End London. What a moving production, I loved it!! The wigs, the hair, and the make up were amazing and the whole cast had amazing voices. Well worth seeing.

I met Elena and Charlotte this week for trials fof their wedding hair and make up. Elena had a very elegant up-do. Sleekly pinned in at the front with the back all pinned in with crossing over detail at the back. Elena is wearing a mantilla which is a Spanish veil and it’s absolutely beautiful. Her make up was very natural and light with good coverage, a light foundation and a luminous dewy finish to compliment her pale complexion.

Charlotte’s decided to have an up-do at her hair trial. She had collected pictures that helped to build the style she was looking for. I started off by creating a chignon at the back. The front was kept soft by taking the front sections and pinning them but not tightly. The left over sections (as Charlotte had really long hair!) were pinned at the crown of the head creating some really nice detail.

I had great fun Saturday afternoon making over Maureen for her 80’s charity event that she organised in aid of Willen Hospice in Milton Keynes. Maureen and her husband went as Sonny and Cher. So I gave Maureen a Cher make over, with dark eyes, fuller eye browns, bold blusher and dark red lipstick. Then I applied her wig and false lashes to finish off the look. I heard that this event rose over £4000!!

I will be back next week and thanks for reading my blog. Comeback to see what I have been up to!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment