Tuesday 21 September 2010

Diary of a Makeup Artist

6th September to 12th September 2010

I had a great time at the 1940's Fashion Show this week. Judy had a very interesting collection of vintage clothing including an original 1930's wedding dress, which was great to see! It was very different from the styles we have now and the detail was amazing, especially the buttons. Some people came dressed in the 1940's spirit and they looked so glam! There were lots of women with red lips especially as lips, lashes and liner were popular at my stand. I chatted with people about vintage style hair styles and makeup looks and enjoyed browsing through the vintage style jewellery too.

Congratulations to Sam who married Alf, I wish you both lots of warm wishes for the future. Sam’s hair and make up trial featured in my very first blog. Sam had the dramatic Smokey eye for her wedding makeup look. Her wedding was at the Woodland Manor in Bedfordshire a lovely setting for a wedding.

Dare I mention the weather has changed! This made me think about looking after my skin as the seasons change. I’ve always felt it is important to check your moisturiser is still doing the job. If you still feel dry or tightness in the skin after applying your usual moisturiser then it’s time to use a more concentrated one. Perhaps a richer night cream if you are already using both in your skin care routine. Or if you feel like your moisturiser is not absorbing, switch to a lighter version. Keeping your skin moisturised will help you look amazing for the party season ahead! My favourites are Dermalogica Active Moist and Liz Earle Moisture Repair - I use the dry/sensitive option especially in the colder months. There is a lighter version of moisture repair for oily prone skin too. Don’t forget to use Sun Protection Factor (SPF) in the Winter. It is just as important as using it in the Summer and it will protect your skin against ageing and sun damage. Vie at Home have a great product called Face the Day SPF 15 Skin Shield. Use it under or over your favourite moisturiser. Ideal for skiers too!

Catch up next week Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment