Friday 10 September 2010

Diary of a Makeup Artist

30th August to 5th September 2010

I’ve had a really busy week this week, with three brides to get ready for their weddings!

Congratulations to Hung. She had a traditional low bun, with a head band style tiara. Her makeup was nice and light, so it complemented her skin tone. She was really pleased with the final look. Congratulations Hung and all the very best for the future.

I went to Kelmarsh Hall and Gardens to do Alison’s hair and makeup for her wedding. Kelmarsh was just a wonderful picturesque setting for Alison’s 18th Century style wedding. Alison had her hair Edwardian style with one large ringlet coming down one shoulder. The makeup was a light coverage, so evening out the skin tone. Light rose eye shadow was applied and mascara. Her bouquet was made of English country flowers with colours that matched the dress. The specially made dress was stunning it had a v-shaped front panel and embroidery going down the front of the dress and down the train.

I talked about Louisa’s trial in my blog on the 15th July. It was a pleasure to be part of preparation for the wedding party and as well as getting Louisa ready, I enjoyed doing all the hair for the bridesmaids too, and pinning in all the small fresh white roses.

I have been busy minxing people to! I had two minx toe parties booked in this week. It's great fun, 4-6 friends get together and have there toes minxed. I have been fascinated by the designs and how good they look! Especially the one’s I did for my hairdresser Lindsey.

I watched Hello, Mister Cappello at Watford Palace theatre. It was a great production based on Watford football club! The cast included my Nieces Julie and Sarah. I was very proud to see them as dancers in the performance.

Michelle had her trial for her November wedding. I always ask Brides-to-be to collect pictures of their favourite hair and makeup styles to show me at the trial. She chose an updo (similar to the advert by L’Oreal Elnett with Cheryl Cole). Lots of height was created at the front with the fringe sweeping round. Using MAC face and body for the foundation over Laura Mercier foundation primer gave a fresh faced look and evened out skin tone. Her eyes were kept neutral using Jane Iredale Ecru and shell, with shimmering supernova in the outer corner of the eye. Thin eyeliner was applied to define the eyes and Dior mascara to thicken and volumize lashes.

Catch up next week.

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment